Thursday, March 11, 2010

books galore

It occurred to me that I'm just not posting enough. I really can't believe how busy I am this year. Growing a baby aside, I am swamped. Mostly reading. One of my 3 classes this semester is a Reader Advisory Service course, which involves reading usually 2 books a week in a specific genre. Sounds like not a big deal, but it's been unbelievably time-consuming. And I read fast! So far this semester I've read (title, author, and genre):
  • The Lacuna, by Barbara Kingsolver, Bestseller (not really a genre, I know)
  • Seven Deadly Wonder, a Novel, by Matthew Reilly, Adventure
  • Morrigan's Cross (the Circle Trilogy), by Nora Roberts, Romantic Suspense
  • The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, by Steig Larrson, Thriller
  • The Quilter's Kitchen, by Jennifer Chiaverini, Gentle Read
  • The Missing, bu Sara Langan, Horror
  • Natural Born Charmer, by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Romance
  • Flamenco Academy, by Sarah Bird, Women's Lives & Relationship
  • On Beauty, by Zadie Smith, Literary Fiction (Multicultural or International)
  • Talk Talk, by T.C. Boyle, Literary Fiction (American)
  • Motor Mouth, by Janet Evanovich, Mystery
  • Little Bee, by Chris Cleave, Psychological Suspense
  • In War Times, by Kathleen Ann Googan, Science Fiction
  • Push, by Sapphire, Movie Tie-In
So maybe I have an excuse for not blogging, or crafting, or sleeping!