Sunday, December 27, 2009

Snowed in...again!

Ah, the Great Blizzard of '09. Or Snowpocalypse... whatever you call it, it certainly ruined Christmas. I've yet to leave our house since I got home from work 5 days ago...

That's a lot of free time, so I've been trying to be productive. I finished the Alabama Stitch Book reverse applique skirt that I started last Christmas (pics later)... and I baked. A lot. I've been handing out cookies to everyone who happens to cross my path... but that hasn't been too many people so I have tons of cookies left!

We are heading to the DH's family's house today (finally) for dinner and gifts. While looking up the recipe yet again for low-carb pumpkin mousse (a favorite in our house), it occurred to me to save it somewhere...like on the back of a Christmas card, with a bit of ribbon so I can hang it from a cabinet knob while I'm cooking. Damn, I'm smart sometimes. ;-)



Now...off to FINALLY open some gifts and have a cup of cheer...and get rid of some of these cookies!!!